Overnight Crockpot German Chocolate Oatmeal recipe is a slow cooker oatmeal that cooks overnight in the crock pot for an easy breakfast.
Oatmeal is one of the few healthy foods that I can get my three year-old to eat for breakfast, which means we end up eating a lot of oatmeal.
I like to find new flavors and ways to make it so we don't get tired of it. Our regular rotation includes Instant Pot steel cut oats, individual baked oatmeals, and overnight steel cut oats. This is special occasion oatmeal (ok, that sounds like an oxymoron, but go with me on this).
Since you make it in this Overnight Crockpot German chocolate Oatmeal in the slow cooker, it's ready to serve in the morning, which is great for times when holidays (like Valentine's Day) or other special occasions fall on weekdays. There's no sugar in the oatmeal because I put the sugar on after the oatmeal is done. The brown sugar melts to form a caramel-y sauce, and I've found that we don't use as much sugar if we add it at the end.
More crock pot oatmeal recipes!
- Overnight Crock Pot Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Overnight Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal
- Overnight Crock Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal
If you’ve tried this overnight crockpot German chocolate oatmeal recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Overnight Crockpot German Chocolate Oatmeal
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 7 cups water
- 13.5 ounce can lite coconut milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Brown sugar
- Sweetened (shredded coconut)
- Chopped pecans
- Grease slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, water, coconut milk, and cocoa powder.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- To serve, top (in order) with brown sugar, pecans, shredded coconut to taste.