Happy New Year!! Do you make resolutions? I’ve tried, that I but haven’t had much luck with that.
I always try to go way too big with them. Last year, though, I tried to make some realistic goals for the year, and it worked out really well.
So, I’m trying that again this year.
One of my goals for this year is to incorporate more healthy foods into our diet.
In the past, I’ve tried to do things like cut out sugar, and it only lasted for a day or so.
These cookies are hearty and delicious, and they are full of good-for-you ingredients.
They’re perfect for those times when you want a cookie (or two), but you don’t want to go all out.
More whole wheat cookie recipes!
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Whole Wheat Neiman Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Quinoa Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats ground
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa cooled
- 1/2 cup chocolate melts or chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut optional
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whole-wheat flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together coconut oil and Greek yogurt until combined.
- Stir in brown sugar until well-combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and stir in.
- Stir in quinoa until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients, and stir until just combined (it will be thick).
- Stir in chocolate chunks and coconut, if using, until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1-1/2 tablespoon), drop scoops about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes, or until set and very lightly golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!