Six Minute Chocolate Cake is an easy, homemade one-bowl cake recipe! This cake is naturally egg-free, dairy-free (vegan) and takes just minutes to make!
I love having simple recipes to rely on. The kind of recipes that I can turn to when I need something quick and reliable.
This 6 minute chocolate cake is just that sort of recipe. It really does take just take a few minutes to stir together, and it makes a nice moist chocolate cake.
This easy chocolate cake is also a great one to make when you haven't run to the store in a while (or when you need to make a dessert for someone who eats egg-free, dairy-free, or vegan).
And, best of all, you end up with a moist and tasty homemade chocolate cake that's mixed in one bowl in virtually no time!
How to make homemade chocolate cake (in just 6 minutes!)
This cake really does take just minutes to make, and there's no need to use a hand mixer to make this cake. It mixes easily by hand.
In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, water, and vanilla together until combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in until just combined.
Add the vinegar, and mix in just until combined. Don't overmix the batter as the bubbles help to lighten the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Frostings that pair well with this cake
If you're looking for an easy vanilla frosting, this vanilla buttercream frosting goes well with this cake.
What makes this cake so easy to make
This chocolate cake recipe is so simple and easy to make!
- It doesn't require any crazy ingredients. This cake relies on pantry staples that are easy to keep on-hand.
- This cake uses oil instead of butter, and it doesn't contain any dairy. So there's no need to wait for butter to soften or dairy to come to room temperature before using.
- It's easy to stir up this cake by hand. This batter is very easy to whisk, and I recommend mixing it by hand to avoid overmixing the batter.
- This is a one-bowl cake. Since everything is mixed in one bowl, there are fewer dishes to wash.
More easy dessert recipes!
If you’ve tried this 6 minute chocolate cake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
6 Minute Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour1
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, oil, water, and vanilla together until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk in until just combined.
- Add the vinegar and stir just until combined. Don't overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan.