S’mores Cake is an easy recipe for rich, chocolate graham cracker sheet cake topped with toasty marshmallows and melty chocolate!
I love s’mores! Seriously, though, what is not to love?! It’s all so yummy!I cannot toast a marshmallow to save my life, though. I burn it. Every. Single. Time. I kept thinking of grilling for Father’s Day, but since I’m so bad at toasting marshmallows, I decided it would be easier to just make a cake.I wanted the cake have all of the flavors of a s’more, so I made a chocolate-graham cracker cake and topped it with with tons of melty, toasty chocolate and marshmallow gooey goodness. Just make sure you keep a close eye on the marshmallows while they’re broiling; they can go from toasted to charcoal in a flash.
Chocolate Graham Cracker Cake
- 1 ½ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 c . brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 c . graham cracker crumbs (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1/3 c . cocoa
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 1 c . buttermilk
- 1/3 c . vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/3 c . semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 oz container marshmallow crème
- 1/2 c . semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips, and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and let the cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once you remove the cake from the oven, turn the oven to "Broil".
- Meanwhile, warm marshmallow creme until spreadable (about 30 seconds in the microwave).
- Pour creme evenly over cake, and gently spread to cover the warm cake
- Place marshmallows evenly over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips in between marshmallows.
- Return cake to oven, and broil until marshmallows are puffed and golden. Watch carefully because the marshmallows can burn quickly.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkling with extra graham cracker crumbs just before serving.