When I go out to eat, I rarely order a salad. A couple years ago, though, a co-worker talked me into trying the waldorf salald from CPK, and I was totally hooked!
It takes a lot for me to pass up pizza for a salad, but this salad is that good. It has so many of my favorite foods – crisp apples, juicy grapes, tangy Gorgonzola cheese, and sweet walnuts – all in one salad.
And it's topped with a deliciously tangy balsamic-Dijon dressing. Now, if I can only figure out how to make their red velvet cake…
Waldorf Salad California Pizza Kitchen Copycat
- 2/3-1 cup olive oil (depending on how vinegary you want the dressing to be)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped chicken (chilled)
- 1 cup diced apple
- 2/3 cup seedless red grapes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 6-7 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/3 cup glazed walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- To make the dressing, whisk oil and vinegar together.
- Add remaining ingredients, and whisk until combined.
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the salad, gently toss chicken, grapes, apple, celery, and walnuts together.
- Toss in salad greens and dressing (or if you prefer, you can serve the chicken salad mixture over the greens and then drizzle the dressing over the top).
- Sprinkle with Gorgonzola, and serve.
dressing adapted from food.com