A while back, I received a request from a reader for a chocolate bundt cake recipe. Turns out, trying to find a great bundt cake recipe can be really difficult!
I found all sorts of bundt cake recipes – some called for tons of butter, others for ridiculous amounts of oil. Yet, despite having lots (and lots) of fat in them, the recipes came out dry. I tinkered with the recipes, but I just wasn’t happy with how the cakes were coming out.
Then, as I was flipping through one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks, I noticed a Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake recipe.
Now, I’m a sucker for chocolate buttermilk cakes. My absolute favorite chocolate cake has buttermilk in both the cake and in the frosting. So, I figured it was worth a try. Turns out, the cake is delicious! It’s moist and chocolaty and just a great basic chocolate bundt cake! So, do yourself a favor. The next time you’re in the mood for a soft slice of chocolate cake, give this bundt cake recipe a try!
Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 c . all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ c . granulated sugar
- 2 tsp . baking powder
- ½ tsp . baking soda
- ½ tsp . salt
- ½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz . bittersweet or semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 c . boiling water
- 1 c . low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 c . canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 3/4 c . mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 10-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, add cocoa powder and chopped chocolate.
- Pour boiling water over chocolate/cocoa powder mixture, and stir until combined and chocolate has melted.
- Stir in buttermilk, oil, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Add chocolate/buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto cooling rack to finish cooling to room temperature.
Points Plus Value - 4
Adapted from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook (affiliate link).
Check out more Weight Watchers-friendly recipes below!