Cream Cheese Scalloped Potatoes are an easy, cheesy potato recipe! Perfect for holidays and weeknights – these scalloped potatoes make a great side dish!
For me, figuring out the side dishes is the most difficult part of planning our holiday meals. The side dishes need to taste great and have to compliment whatever the main dish is.
These cream cheese scalloped potatoes are a no-brainer, though. They go well with turkey or ham, and they are more substantial than mashed potatoes,.
So they are a good offering if you have family and friends who are vegetarian. Oh, and they’re ridiculously delicious – total cheesy potato perfection.
More potato recipes!
If you’ve tried this cream cheese scalloped potato recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Cream Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- 5 medium baking potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3 T . butter
- 3 T . all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ c . low-fat milk
- 1 tsp . ground mustard
- 1 tsp . salt
- 1/2 tsp . ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp . dried thyme
- 1 ½ c . sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 oz . reduced-fat cream cheese (cubed)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 1 ½ quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk, and whisk to combine.
- Stir in mustard, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cook until milk thickens (it will be the consistency of a cream soup), stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in cheese.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in prepared casserole dish.
- Pour 2/3 cup of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat layer with remaining potatoes.
- Dot cream cheese over potatoes.
- Cover cream cheese and potatoes with remaining cheese sauce.
- Cover and bake for about 60 minutes.