Easy pumpkin bread recipe makes 2 loaves of moist homemade pumpkin bread. No mixer needed! Includes directions for freezing and diy pumpkin spice.
So, every fall I get excited to make pumpkin bread. Pumpkin bread is close to a moist spice cake, which is one of my favorites.
This easy pumpkin bread recipe is just that. It’s so easy! It’s a one-bowl recipe that doesn’t require a mixer or any special ingredients or equipment.
And, most importantly, it tastes great! The pumpkin bread is moist without being greasy, and it’s nicely spiced.
How To Make Pumpkin Bread
I recommend mixing the bread by hand rather than using a mixer. It’s easy, and it helps to avoid overmixing the batter.
In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and oil together. Add the eggs and whisk in until combined. Whisk in the pumpkin puree until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and whisk in just until combined. Don’t overmix. Overmixing will give you dense or heavy loaves.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Pumpkin Bread Variations
I recommend using up to 1 cup of add-ins. Stir them in after step 6, if using.
- Nuts: Chopped pecans or chopped walnuts work well.
- Chocolate chips: You can find the version with chocolate chips here.
- Other chips: You can change it up and use cinnamon chips, caramel chips, or white chocolate chips.
How To Store Pumpkin Bread
This bread can be stored in a resealable container at room temperature. It can also be stored in the fridge, and that will help it to stay fresh a little longer.
How Long Will Pumpkin Bread Keep?
This bread will stay good for about 2-3 days at room tempareture and for about 3-4 days in the fridge.
How To Freeze Pumpkin Bread
The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Once it is completely cooled, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and place in a resealable freezer bag.
To serve, thaw overnight in the fridge.
More Pumpkin Recipes!
If you’ve tried this easy pumpkin bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.3
- In a large bowl, whisk oil and sugar together. Mixture will look like wet sand.
- Whisk in eggs until well-combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree and whisk until well-combined.
- Whisk in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Overmixing the bread will cause it to be tough.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Be sure to buy pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix.
- To properly measure the flour, stir to break it up, lightly spoon into measuring cup, and then level.
- I like to use a cooking spray with flour in it like Baker's Joy.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 10/15/18. Updated with new photos and tips 10/11/19.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!