The best rice krispies treats recipe! This easy recipe makes soft and gooey cereal treats. Never make hard rice krispies treat again!
Rice krispies treats are one of my favorite treats.
I love how soft and gooey and buttery they are!
Growing up, my mom made the best rice krispies, and I often chose them over birthday cake for my birthday.
Now, they’re one of my kids’ favorite treats, and I love that I can quickly whip up a pan of these rice krispies for dessert or as a special lunchbox treat.
What makes these the best?
These rice krispies treats are soft and gooey, and they stay fresh for days.
No stale, hard rice krispies treats here!
How to make the BEST rice krispies treats
In a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
When the butter is mostly melted (about 80%), stir in 16 ounces marshmallows.
Continue to heat, stirring regularly, until marshmallows are completely melted.
You only need to melt the marshmallows, and you won’t want to continue to cook the mixture once they melt.
Remove saucepan from heat.
Stir in cereal until combined and well-incorporated.
Stir in remaining 10 ounces marshmallows until incorporated.
Some of the marshmallows will melt, and that’s ok.
Pour the cereal mixture into the pan.
Gently press the cereal mixture into the pan.
The mixture is very sticky, so it’s best to either use a rubber spatula or lightly grease your hands with nonstick spray.
Let the mixture cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.
How long will these keep?
They will keep for up to 4 days, covered, at room temperature.
How to store rice krispies treats
These are best stored, covered, at room temperature.
Depending on how humid it is where you live, you may choose to cover them loosely or more tightly.
More rice krispies treats recipes!
If you’ve tried this rice krispies treats recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Best Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 26 ounces mini marshmallows (divided)
- 6 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan. Set aside.
- Add butter to a large, heavy saucepan.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- When the butter is mosty melted (about 80%), add 16 ounces marshmallows, and stir in.
- Stir regularly until the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in cereal until combined.
- Add remaining 10 ounces marshmallows, and fold in until incorporated.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared pan, and gently press the mixture into the prepared pan with a spatula.
- Let cool to room temperature, and cut into bars to serve.