My kids love granola bars, and the s’mores granola bars are their favorite flavor (mine, too). These granola bars, though, are more dessert than snack. They’re sort of a cross between a granola bar and a rice krispie treat. They’re total gooey marshmallow and chocolate yumminess and are best while they’re still a little warm. However, if you’d like a more traditional granola bar, simply omit the marshmallows from the top of the bars.
S’mores Granola Bars
- 3 c . rolled oats
- 2 c . crisp rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 6 T . granulated sugar
- 1/4 c . butter
- 1/4 c . corn syrup
- 2 T . water
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 1 ½ c . miniature marshmallows , divided
- 3/4 c . miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 c . marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Add the oats to the prepared baking pan, and toast for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the oats are toasting, add the cereal and half mini marshmallows to a large bowl.
- Once the oats have toasted, toss oats and cereal together; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, stir together sugar, butter, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and continue boiling until mixture reaches 250 F, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over oat mixture, and toss to combine.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the pan, and, using a rubber spatula, gently press into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips, marshmallow bits, and then remaining mini marshmallows over the cereal mixture in that order.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, or until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown.
- Let the bars cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into bars or squares while it’s still a little warm. Once the bars cool to room temperature, they will be more difficult to cut.
adapted from The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!