As a kid, I chose rice krispies treats (Did you know that it’s krispies and not krispie?
I’ve been saying it wrong all these years!) or the chocolate cupcakes with the cheesecake in the middle. ‘
This year, though, I decided that I wanted to have some bundt cake – this Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake to be exact.
This cake is so super moist!
It has bittersweet chocolate cake swirled with tender, vanilla cake.
And when it’s covered in delicious, drippy chocolate glaze, it tastes like one of my favorite foods – a cake donut.
So, this yummy bundt cake is perfect for birthdays or any other celebratory occasions (like a Tuesday night).
If you’d like to make mini bundt cakes (like in the picture above) instead of a regular bundt cake, this cake will make 12 1-cup bundt cakes. Reduce the baking time to about 20-25 minutes.
More bundt cake recipes!
If you’ve tried this chocolate swirl bundt cake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup non-fat (plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (, divided)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or with an electric mixer), beat together butter, sugar, and yogurt until well-combined.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla until combined.
- Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
- On low, stir in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Stir in milk until combined.
- Scoop out 2 ½ cups of the batter, and place it into a separate bowl.
- Stir cocoa powder and milk into the 2 ½ cups of batter until well-combined.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to original batter.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, drop one scoop of plain batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Drop one scoop of chocolate swirl batter on top of plain batter.
- Continue to alternate between plain and chocolate batters until both batters are gone.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto wire rack, and cool completely.
- If you want to use a chocolate glaze, here is the recipe for one I used.