No Bake Apple Pie Parfaits are the easiest apple pie dessert! Made with a few simple ingredients, this easy no-bake dessert is sure to please!
We've been updating our kitchen - taking it from its 1970s yellow laminate glory and bringing it into the 21st century. So, it's been a while since I've had an oven.
As much as I've missed having an oven, it's been nice to make some easy, no bake desserts. And one of my favorite no bake desserts is this No Bake Apple Pie Parfait recipe.
It has tart apples tossed with sweet, spiced apple butter. The apples are sandwiched between layers of creamy filling that's a mixture of sweet cream and tangy Greek yogurt and crumbled shortbread cookies.
So this no bake dessert is easy and delicious! It's a simple, refreshing way to enjoy all of the flavors of apple pie without all of the work (and heat!).
How To Make Apple Pie Parfaits
In a small bowl, toss diced apple and apple butter together until apples are coated (1).
In a separate bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, sugar, and vanilla together until well-combined (2).
In a third large bowl, whip cream until it reaches stiff peak stage (3). If you need some extra tips, check out this post on how to make whipped cream.
Fold the Greek yogurt mixture into the whipped cream until just combined (4). Be sure to fold, rather than mix, to avoid taking the volume out of the whipped cream.
To assemble, place about 2 tablespoons of cream into the bottom of the dish (5). Top with cookie crumbs (6).
Top the cookie crumbs with about 2 tablespoons of the cream mixture (7). Add a layer of apples over the cream (8).
Repeat the layers to fill the dish, ending with a dusting of cookie crumbs on top.
Tips For Making No Bake Apple Pie Parfaits
- I recommend using Granny Smith apples because the tart apples pair well with the sweet apple butter. However, you can use any type of baking apple that you prefer.
- I use the Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, but any type of shortbread cookie should work.
- Feel free to substitute whole milk or 2% Greek yogurt in place of the non-fat Greek yogurt.
Can I Serve Them Immediately?
You can! The cookies will be crispier if you serve them immediately. If you want softer cookies, chill the parfaits until ready to serve.
How Far in Advance Can Apple Pie Parfaits Be Made?
These parfaits are best eaten shortly after they're made. However, they can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
If making them in advance, don't top with the last round of cookie crumbs. Otherwise, the cookie crumbs will soften as they sit.
More No Bake Desserts!
If you’ve tried this no bake apple pie parfait recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
No Bake Apple Pie Parfaits
- 2 cups peeled and diced Granny Smith apple
- ½ cup apple butter
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt1
- ½ cup granulated sugar2
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups shortbread cookies crumbs
- In a small bowl, toss together chopped apple and apple butter.
- In a separate small bowl, mix Greek yogurt, sugar, and vanilla together. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whip cream until it begins to thicken.
- Continue to whip until cream is at stiff peaks.
- Gently fold Greek yogurt mixture into whipped cream.
- To assemble, place about 2 tablespoons cream mixture in bottom of dish or glass.
- Top with crumbled cookie, 2 more tablespoons of cream, and then chopped apple mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- On the final layer, layer crumbled cookie, apple mixture, and end with cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs.
- Serve immediately if you want crispier cookie, or loosely cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Whole milk or 2% Greek yogurt will work.
- Use more or less sugar to taste.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 6/9/2014. Updated 6/12/19.