A few days ago, I shared a recipe for baked meatballs. When I make up a big batch of meatballs, I like to use them in a lot of different ways. Using them on subs (with tons of sauce and cheese thankyouverymuch) and in pasta dishes are probably my favorite ways, though. We eat a lot of baked pasta anyway. It’s easy, inexpensive, and everyone will eat it, so baked pasta is a part of our regular dinner rotation.
This Skillet Meatball Pasta is an easy dinner that doesn’t take much time to prepare. I like to cook onions and garlic to add to my sauce because it adds a nice layer of extra flavor to the pasta. If you have homemade sauce, feel free to sub it for the jarred kind.
Also, I like to serve this with my 30 Minute Garlic Knots on the side to soak up all the extra sauce.
You may also like…
Skillet Meatball Pasta
- 12 oz dry shaped pasta (like penne or rigatoni)
- 1 T . olive oil
- 1 c . finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 26 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1/2-1 recipe Baked Meatballs (or 16-32 meatballs of your choice)
- 8 oz . fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook pasta for 1 minute less than package directions for al dente pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat, and add in olive oil.
- Stir in onion and garlic. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add in marinara sauce, cooked meatballs, and cooked pasta. Stir to combine.
- Top with slices of mozzarella.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and pasta is hot and bubbly.